On 23-02-2023 12:36, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi! > > Sorry for the late reply. > > FWIW, I think it might be best to keep Wisp as a separate package: that > allows it to evolve independently of Guile (and possibly more quickly > :-)), and it might simplify maintenance in some way. To my understanding, Wisp is pretty much finished -- it is standardised as surfie 119: , which is in final status. As such, there is no room for evolving (beside bugfixes, perhaps). The maintenance aspect (and also the evolving) is addressed in the cover letter: > - And it provides access to the full capabilities of Guile with minimal > maintenance effort, because it is just the thinnest possible layer > around Scheme. The last required change was in 2020 while I used it > continuously. There also were several other points in the cover letter for keeping Wisp as a _non-separate_ package. Why should Wisp be a separate package when other SRFIs are made part of Guile? Your point about maintenance and evolving applies equally to other SRFIs. > Adding #lang support in Guile would be nice. As discussed on IRC, it > can be experimented with in a WIP branch. Have you seen my messages on how the "#lang" construct is problematic for some languages, and how alternatives like "[comment delimiter] -*- stuff: scheme/ecmascript/... -*- [comment delimiter]" appear to be equally simple (*) and not have any downsides (**). (*) The port encoding detection supports "-*- coding: whatever -*-", presumably that functionality could be reused. (**) For compatibility with Racket, it's not like we couldn't implement both "#lang" and "-*- stuff: language -*-". Greetingss, Maxime.