From: "Linus Björnstam" <linus.bjornstam@veryfast.biz>
To: "David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org>
Cc: guile-devel@gnu.org, Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwenn@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: unhandled constant?
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 16:21:43 +0100	[thread overview]

tried it in a couple of syntax-case-enabled schemes (defmacro is implemented using syntax-case in guile) and it doesn't work anywhere. The procedure ends up undefined everywhere.

The #<procedure> object ,inner points to doesn't exist at runtime because it is not defined anywhere in any meaningful way to the compiler. One work-around would be to output the literal lambda in place of ,inner but by then you should just output a (let ...) With the lambda in it and let the inliner take care of it.

--
  Linus Björnstam