* bug in srfi-13
@ 2004-04-06 15:50 Han-Wen Nienhuys
From: Han-Wen Nienhuys @ 2004-04-06 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

test.scm:

	(use-modules (srfi srfi-13))
	(string-map
	 (lambda (chr) (display (list " " (char->integer chr))) chr)
	"ö")

=>

	byrd:~/usr/src/lilypond$ guile test.scm
	(  16777155)(  16777142)

after bugfix:

	byrd:~/usr/src/lilypond$ guile test.scm
	(  195)(  182)

there is still something broken in this function. For reasons beyond
my comprehension, the SCM_VALIDATE_SUBSTRING_SPEC_COPY macro has the
side effect of assigning to cstart and cend, and doing so wrongly.

May I suggest that future SCM_VALIDATE_*_  macros be renamed, for
example from

	SCM_VALIDATE_COPY

	SCM_VALIDATED_COPY

The latter implies that the macro does have a side effect.

Also, the naming of scm_{up,down}case functions was wrong; it should
be scm_c_{up,down}case.  I have changed this. I leave to Marius to
decide whether a backward compatibility must be maintained.

I am still puzzled why <ctype.h> isn't used.

--
 Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   hanwen@xs4all.nl   |   http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen