From: Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@cs.uu.nl>
Cc: jseward@acm.org
Subject: guile.supp for valgrind
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:54:31 +0100	[thread overview]

bkorb@veritas.com writes:
> Thanks for valgrind!!  It's wonderful.
> My box (SuSE Linux 8.0) has a Guile library with lots of
> problems.  The attached suppression file pretty much gets
> rid of them.  I don't know if they've fixed the issues
> after Guile-1.4, so I'm  CC-ing them for their possible
> interest.  I'm thinking that this should be incorporated
> into the default.supp when the Guile library version is 1.4.

GUILE does conservative garbage collection, which entails scanning
(possibly uninitialized) chunks of memory for possible pointers. The
valgrind errors are harmless.

Here's a suppression file for 1.6 and for 1.7 CVS

****************
1.6:

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:heap_segment
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_mark_weak_vector_spines
}
{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_mark_weak_vector_spines
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_scan_weak_vectors
}

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_scan_weak_vectors
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_gc_mark
}
{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_gc_mark
}

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_gc_sweep
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_markstream
}

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_mark_locations
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_markcdr
}

****************

guile 1.7 and later

# guile valgrind suppression file
{
    guilegc
	Value4
    fun:scm_gc_mark_dependencies
}

{

    guilegc
	Value4
    fun:scm_gc_mark
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_i_find_heap_segment_containing_object
}

{
guilegc
Cond
[...]