* What's the plan of Guile on GSoC 2013?
@ 2013-03-07  3:59 Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2013-03-07  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel, guile-user

Hi folks!
I've noticed Jose E. Marchesi mentioned GSoC 2013 for GNU, and I checked
out the GSoC page of GNU Octave:
http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas
Do we have such a page for GSoC ideas?

And what's the plan for it?

Thanks!

* Re: What's the plan of Guile on GSoC 2013?
@ 2013-03-07 16:29 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2013-03-07 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel; +Cc: guile-user

Hi,

Nala Ginrut <nalaginrut@gmail.com> skribis:

> I've noticed Jose E. Marchesi mentioned GSoC 2013 for GNU, and I checked
> out the GSoC page of GNU Octave:
> http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas
> Do we have such a page for GSoC ideas?

No, but maybe people could post ideas as well as whether they’d like to
be mentors on one of these lists.  Then we could send selected ideas to
José for inclusion on
<http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2013.html>.

This page also contains useful advice worth reading.

So, ideas?  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: What's the plan of Guile on GSoC 2013?
@ 2013-03-07 16:57   ` Noah Lavine
From: Noah Lavine @ 2013-03-07 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> So, ideas?  :-)

How about continuing the Emacs-Guile integration? I would be really excited
to finally see that happen.

Noah

* Re: What's the plan of Guile on GSoC 2013?
@ 2013-03-08  8:36     ` Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2013-03-08  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 11:57 -0500, Noah Lavine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > So, ideas?  :-)
> >

> How about continuing the Emacs-Guile integration? I would be really excited
> to finally see that happen.

Well, there're bad/good news for you ;-P

BAD news:
Seems you can't count Emacs-Guile as GSoC anymore.

GOOD news:
guile-emacs compiled successfully and works for me now, I just tried it
today, and there's a big update for it.

Just kidding!
I think there could be some interesting work for guile-emacs though, and
folks have a good start if it works now.

Thanks BT!