* Handling Cygwin DLLs in new foreign-library.scm
       [not found] <1277915955.857272.1615128633721.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2021-03-07 14:50 ` Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2021-03-07 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile-devel

Hello Guile-
By convention, DLLs in cygwin start with 'cyg' instead of 'lib' to avoid name clashing.
In an autotools build like Guile, dlls are build as 'cyg'
Now that we've dumped libltdl, we don't automatically search for both 'lib' and 'cyg' on cygwin.
Should we emulate this in foreign-library.scm to mimic old behavior?
Or rather should we expect a user to add special cases for cygwin with load-library.

Regards,
Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-07 14:50 UTC | newest]