Stefan Israelsson Tampe schreef op za 05-02-2022 om 18:31 [+0100]: > Hmm this was wrong, I mean > > For conditional variables we have a default begin. So then why on > earth do you not have an implicit let?, Just laziness? Do you mean Guile in general, or the particular example I gave? Also, I don't know what you mean with ‘for conditional variables we have a default begin’ -- what's a ‘default begin’ here, and also Guile doesn't (currently) have conditional variables. > There should  be a good reason or? this is a pretty fundamental > change that I support but then we should not be lazy not trying to > understand the design choices of the old beards. I think the thread of the following message is relevant, though I've only just started reading it. Greetings, Maxime.