all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnus closing IMAP connection
@ 2006-02-18  1:22 vedm
From: vedm @ 2006-02-18  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

My IMAP connection closes and Gnus does not reopen it. I have to go to
the servers buffer and do "O" to reopen. Then in a while it closes
again.

In the " *nnimap* localhost" buffer I see this:

===
* BYE Disconnected for inactivity.^M
- Peer has closed the GNUTLS connection

Process imap finished
===

Any idea how to fix it?

--
vedm

* Re: Gnus closing IMAP connection
@ 2006-02-20  0:04 ` maksr
From: maksr @ 2006-02-20  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

May be your IMAP requires secure protocol and your emacs version is too
old. I had some similar problems with 20.7, which I solved upgrading to
21.4.

Maks.

* Re: Gnus closing IMAP connection
@ 2006-02-20  6:03   ` vedm
From: vedm @ 2006-02-20  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"maksr" <maksr@snt.si> writes:

> May be your IMAP requires secure protocol and your emacs version is too
> old. I had some similar problems with 20.7, which I solved upgrading to
> 21.4.

My Emacs version is 21.4.1 and my IMAP server is dovecot. I do not think
that the secure protocol is a problem: I can connect to IMAP but when it
disconnects me for inactivity Gnus makes the server "denied". Then when
Gnus goes again through the list of servers, if the server is "denied" it
just ignores it and does not try to reopen it.

So the problem is that Gnus makes the server "denied" when the IMAP
server disconnect because of inactivity.

--
vedm