all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Strange Problem with keypresses on Win32
@ 2006-07-17 16:25 exits funnel
From: exits funnel @ 2006-07-17 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've been using the native windows Emacs (21.3.1) one Win2000 for
several months and there has been one intermittently recurring problem.
  Every once in a while, I encounter a situation where the key I press
and the letter which appears on the screen aren't the same.  For
instance, I might press the 'a' key and see a 'q' or I might press the
'z' key and see a 'w'. I'm not sure if the same keys are affected each
time or even if the 'replacement' letters are the same.  The only
solution I've found is to shutdown Emacs altogether and restart it.
This can be more than a bit annoying if I have a lot of buffers open or
if I'm in the middle of, for instance, a debugging session.  Has anyone
else experienced this or know what the problem is?  Is there some
solution short of restarting Emacs?  Thanks in advance for any help
anyone can offer.

-exits

[parent not found: <mailman.4198.1153157480.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]