all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* PHP syntax highlighting (editing .emacs to look for php-mode.el. from within ~ directory.)
@ 2003-04-12 19:28 Miguel Ulloa
       [not found] ` <mailman.4510.1050214597.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Miguel Ulloa @ 2003-04-12 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

OS: Solaris (Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8)
I have a restricted account given to me by school.
Emacs Version: GNU Emacs 20.6.1

I would like to enable syntax highlighting for PHP.
http://www.miba.auc.dk/net-common/guides/emacs/config.php suggests:

If you program in PHP you will probably need php-mode. It can be turned
on automatically when you load a .php or .php3 file with the following
code to include in your .emacs:
(require 'php-mode)
(setq auto-mode-alist
   (append '(("\\.php$" . php-mode)
             ("\\.php3$" . php-mode))
               auto-mode-alist))

This however requires access to /bin/emacs/emacs-21.2/lisp/progmodes to
install php-mode.el.  I do not have such access.  I was wondering if
anybody knows how could I edit .emacs to look for my php-mode.el. from
within my home directory.  Thanks in advance,

Miguel Ulloa
p.s. You can download php-mode.el from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-mode/ I tested it under Windows and
Slackware Linux.  It works ^_^…

* Re: PHP syntax highlighting (editing .emacs to look forphp-mode.el. from within ~ directory.)
@ 2003-04-13  6:16 ` Adrian Mrva
       [not found] ` <mailman.4510.1050214597.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Adrian Mrva @ 2003-04-13  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try putting the following to your ~/.emacs:

  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/")

@ 2003-04-16  3:56   ` Miguel Ulloa
From: Miguel Ulloa @ 2003-04-16  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Mrva wrote:
> Try putting the following to your ~/.emacs:
>
>   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/")

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.  I will check if the setting
actually worked when I get to school tomorrow.