all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#8004: grep thinks the first line is a hit
@ 2011-02-08  8:40 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2011-02-08  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 8004

M-x grep SOMETHING_THAT_HAS_SOME_HITS

Move the cursor to the  "Grep started at .." line
Press RET and the minibuffer will prompt for a file to find that
location. That is incorrect, there's no grep hit on that line.

This is recent, 23.2 does not have this problem.

* bug#8004: grep thinks the first line is a hit
@ 2011-02-08 19:48 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-02-08 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: 8004

> M-x grep SOMETHING_THAT_HAS_SOME_HITS

> Move the cursor to the  "Grep started at .." line
> Press RET and the minibuffer will prompt for a file to find that
> location. That is incorrect, there's no grep hit on that line.

> This is recent, 23.2 does not have this problem.

Do you see this in the 23.3 pretest on only on the trunk?

* bug#8004: grep thinks the first line is a hit
@ 2011-02-08 20:24   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-02-08 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: dann, 8004

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@IRO.UMontreal.CA>
> Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 14:48:10 -0500
> Cc: 8004@debbugs.gnu.org
>
> > M-x grep SOMETHING_THAT_HAS_SOME_HITS
>
> > Move the cursor to the  "Grep started at .." line
> > Press RET and the minibuffer will prompt for a file to find that
> > location. That is incorrect, there's no grep hit on that line.
>
> > This is recent, 23.2 does not have this problem.
>
> Do you see this in the 23.3 pretest on only on the trunk?

On the trunk; pretest says correctly that there's no grep hit there.

* bug#8004: grep thinks the first line is a hit
@ 2011-02-10 19:36 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-02-10 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: 8004-done

> M-x grep SOMETHING_THAT_HAS_SOME_HITS

> Move the cursor to the  "Grep started at .." line
> Press RET and the minibuffer will prompt for a file to find that
> location. That is incorrect, there's no grep hit on that line.

I believe I've fixed this bug on the trunk.  Thanks,