all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnus mail with zoho.com
@ 2017-04-22  9:20 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-04-22  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have an e-mail account on zoho.com and I have
set it up with Gnus. However, when I do:

    gnus-group-get-new-news

~nine out of ten times it says:

    Mail source (pop :user moasen :password ***
    pop.zoho.com :port 995) error (USER moasen
    not valid). Continue? (yes or no)

Here, it is unclear (to me) what the difference
between "yes" and "no" is. Because it would
seem news *always* works, and mail *never*
works when I get that question, with no other
difference noticable.

As for the error itself, it would appear an
incorrect diagnostic because the ~tenth time,
it *does* work and I do get the mail with no
complaints! So I end up hammering the fetch
command until it works - very annoying, indeed!

When I do get the message, after it says:

    Mail source (pop :user moasen :password XYZ
    :server pop.zoho.com :port 995) failed:
    (error Cannot get new mail)

I have tried to access the mail thru their web
interface, as well as their smartphone app,
with no problems.

"Ideas?"

--
underground experts united