all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Survey about autocompletion in GNU/Emacs
@ 2016-10-15 14:48 David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2016-10-15 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I'm launching a survey to a scientific job:

http://limesurvey.libremanuals.net/index.php/366577

Any answer is welcome.

Regards.

* Re: Survey about autocompletion in GNU/Emacs
@ 2016-10-15 14:54 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2016-10-15 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: emacs-devel

It switches into spanish on page 2. I'm not fluent in spanish, alas.

@ 2016-10-15 16:38   ` psachin
From: psachin @ 2016-10-15 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: David Arroyo Menendez, Emacs developers

Same here. Second page is not in English. It did not complete the survey.

--
Sachin
psachin.github.io

* Re: Survey about autocompletion in GNU/Emacs
@ 2016-10-15 22:14   ` David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2016-10-15 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Phillip Lord" <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:

> It switches into spanish on page 2. I'm not fluent in spanish, alas.

Fixed!

Thanks for the report!

* Re: Survey about autocompletion in GNU/Emacs
@ 2016-10-17  0:42     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2016-10-17  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: emacs-devel, phillip.lord

Does it work to answer the questions without running Javascript code?
Or does all the Javascript code carry a free license?

--
Dr Richard Stallman

* Re: Survey about autocompletion in GNU/Emacs
@ 2016-10-18 19:21       ` David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2016-10-18 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel, phillip.lord

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Does it work to answer the questions without running Javascript code?
> Or does all the Javascript code carry a free license?

Yes, it does. You can answer the questions without running Javascript,
but it's a trick to don't answer mandatory answers.

* Re: Survey about autocompletion in GNU/Emacs
@ 2016-10-19 19:56         ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2016-10-19 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: emacs-devel, phillip.lord

  > > Does it work to answer the questions without running Javascript code?
  > > Or does all the Javascript code carry a free license?

  > Yes, it does.

I am not sure which question that answers.  Does it mean the JS code
carries a free license?

		  You can answer the questions without running Javascript,

That's good.

  > but it's a trick to don't answer mandatory answers.

I don't understand that answer.
--
Dr Richard Stallman

* Re: Survey about autocompletion in GNU/Emacs
@ 2016-10-20 18:02           ` David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2016-10-20 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: phillip.lord, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > > Does it work to answer the questions without running Javascript code?
>   > > Or does all the Javascript code carry a free license?
>
>   > Yes, it does.
>
> I am not sure which question that answers.  Does it mean the JS code
> carries a free license?
>
> 		  You can answer the questions without running Javascript,
>
> That's good.
>
>   > but it's a trick to don't answer mandatory answers.
>
> I don't understand that answer.

There are mandatory answers and javascript forces don't continue if you
don't answer.

The survey has 123 answers (97 partial + 23 full). Thanks for the
collaboration! The survey is open yet in
http://limesurvey.libremanuals.net/index.php/366577.

Perhaps, the social research (surveys + interviews) can improve the
democracy direct between users and developers in free software projects

Thanks!