Eli Zaretskii writes: >> I'll think about this a bit more, maybe I can come up with a nice >> solution that doesn't require keeping too much state just for the reset >> function. I am thinking about registering the notification for the >> first created frame, and when that is deleted, i.e. receives the >> ‘WM_DESTROY’ message, "handing" it over to some other frame if there is >> one. > > This sounds like the simplest approach to me. I have implemented this and attached the patch. I have tested it with both console and GUI Emacs (with and without server) and have found no further problems with it. >> I don't know much about the internals of Emacs frame handling. >> Could ‘w32_frame_list_z_order’ be used (from the input thread) for >> something like that? Or is there a better approach? > > Why is the order important? Can't you "hand" the registration to some > other frame, no matter which one? The order is not important, I just didn't know where to look to get a frame; sorry for the noise. I now use ‘Fnext_frame’. Regards, Raffael