Mattias Engdegård writes: > Of course my clumsy code didn't preserve the possibility for > `math-read-replacement-list` to translate strings longer than a single > character but that's what I get for sending off-cuff patches that way. ...and my test did not catch that edge case. I extended the test with this and an empty ‘math-read-replacement-list’ for good measure (although I don't quite know which use case that might be). The test fails for the previous version and succeeds for the original and this new one. Have I missed any other edge cases in the test? I appended the updated patch.