tags 71356 patch thanks Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes: > A minimal init.el: > ----- > (package-initialize) > (package-refresh-contents) > (use-package org > :ensure t > :pin gnu) > ----- > Expected result would be C-h v org-version returning 9.7.2, but I see 9.6.15 (the builtin package) I can reproduce it. Seems the issue is in 'use-package-ensure-elpa' where we gate any installation with "(unless (package-installed-p package)". I think we should progress also if we see that the package is built-in and is actually pinned. The attached seems to do the job for me, but I'm not 100% sure it's the best/right fix so I'd appretiate someone else to have a look. Thanks Andrea