all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* pretty printing lisp forms
@ 2004-02-05  1:28 Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2004-02-05  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found the function cl-prettyprint, but it doesn't seem to be
as actively inserting new lines and tabs as I'd like.  Contrast

;; cl-prettyprint

(((classes AI (PL assignment-one read-papers) KRR)
  (projects logic FEM HDM (hacking-emacs todl-mode tex-mode) Inform)
  (appointments thursday-at-5:45 friday-at-7)))

;; my version

(((classes AI
           (PL assignment-one
               read-papers)
           KRR)
  (projects logic
            FEM
            HDM
            (hacking-emacs todl-mode
                           tex-mode)
            Inform)
  (appointments thursday-at-5:45
                friday-at-7)))

Are there any more flexible routines out there for pretty printing?

* Re: pretty printing lisp forms
       [not found] <mailman.1930.1075944559.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-02-05 17:32 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2004-02-05 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:

> ;; cl-prettyprint
>
> (((classes AI (PL assignment-one read-papers) KRR)
>   (projects logic FEM HDM (hacking-emacs todl-mode tex-mode) Inform)
>   (appointments thursday-at-5:45 friday-at-7)))
>
> ;; my version
>
> (((classes AI
>            (PL assignment-one
>                read-papers)
>            KRR)
>   (projects logic
>             FEM
>             HDM
>             (hacking-emacs todl-mode
>                            tex-mode)
>             Inform)
>   (appointments thursday-at-5:45
>                 friday-at-7)))

;; pp

--
Johan Bockgård

@ 2004-02-05 19:59 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-02-05 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Corneli wrote:

> I found the function cl-prettyprint, but it doesn't seem to be
> as actively inserting new lines and tabs as I'd like.  Contrast
>
> ;; cl-prettyprint
>
> (((classes AI (PL assignment-one read-papers) KRR)
>   (projects logic FEM HDM (hacking-emacs todl-mode tex-mode) Inform)
>   (appointments thursday-at-5:45 friday-at-7)))
>
> ;; my version
>
> (((classes AI
>            (PL assignment-one
>                read-papers)
>            KRR)
>   (projects logic
>             FEM
>             HDM
>             (hacking-emacs todl-mode
>                            tex-mode)
>             Inform)
>   (appointments thursday-at-5:45
>                 friday-at-7)))
>
> Are there any more flexible routines out there for pretty printing?

pp seems to do what you want.

--
Kevin Rodgers