all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: yank in search minibuffer doesn't yank
@ 2005-11-01 13:39 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2005-11-01 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: snogglethorpe

Miles Bader, 30-Oct-05:

> > I don't understand why a fairly specialized functionality (copying
> > the rest of the current line) is bound to a key where it overrides
> > one of the most commonly used functions ever.
>
> Historical reasons.

Great - we have a chance to write history now :)

Is "copy rest of line as search for it" used by a lot of people?

If not, one could seize the opportunity and bind this function to
something like C-S-y and bring C-y yank back.

As said, C-s C-h k C-y tells me that C-y is bound to yank, which I
would consider a bug.

[parent not found: <10029FCA-1A69-40E2-8F4B-61C7A3119017@gmail.com>]