all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* regexp help
@ 2008-04-23 14:34 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2008-04-23 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm looking at outline mode.

I see outline-regexp is set to:
Its value is "[*\f]+"

Looking in emacs info, I see no reference to '\f'.  What is it?

Looking at a buffer in C-mode, I see:
Its value is "[^#\n^M]"

I don't recognize the '#', what does this mean?

* regexp help
@ 2007-02-02 23:20 gokhalen
From: gokhalen @ 2007-02-02 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I needed to replace lines matching the following pattern

"hello      123456123456"

with

"hello      123456 123456"

I used

M-x replace-regexp RET hello      ...... RET \&                      /
* NOTE: a white space follows the \&  */

To do this.

I was wondering how I would do this with the \d construct. That is how
would I do this along the lines of

M-x replace-regexp RET hello     \(......\)\1 RET hello      \1    /*
NOTE: a white space follows the \1    */

Thanks,

  -Nachiket.