all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Link to a page with all switches i can make in Emacs
@ 2007-05-07 12:14 anders
From: anders @ 2007-05-07 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!
I read a lot and found a pice there and other pice there,
but i love to found a page pref. i listformat telling me
everyting i can set i .emacs files

Doe's anyone found one, if not maby i should make one...

// Anders

* Re: Link to a page with all switches i can make in Emacs
@ 2007-05-07 12:56 ` Sebastian Tennant
       [not found] ` <mailman.358.1178543585.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Sebastian Tennant @ 2007-05-07 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Quoth anders <anders.u.persson@gmail.com>:
> I read a lot and found a pice there and other pice there,
> but i love to found a page pref. i listformat telling me
> everyting i can set i .emacs files

Your ~/.emacs is simply a file of emacs-lisp code.  You can put
_anything_ you like in it hence the possibilities are infinite.

Your .emacs will never stop growing/changing.  It is a life-long work
in progress.

Sebastian

* Re: Link to a page with all switches i can make in Emacs
@ 2007-05-07 13:05 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found] ` <mailman.358.1178543585.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-05-07 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anders; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

anders wrote:
> Hi!
> I read a lot and found a pice there and other pice there,
> but i love to found a page pref. i listformat telling me
> everyting i can set i .emacs files

Hi Anders,

You can use any Emacs lisp (elisp) code in .emacs so I doubt you will
find such a page ;-)

But if I understand you correctly maybe you instead what to look into
how to set those options that are meant to be set by users. Most of
those options can in Emacs 22 (soon to be released, beta version is very
stable) by find through the menus:

    Options - Customize Emacs

In the Emacs manual (see under Help in the menus) you can find more
information. Look for "Customize" and then "Easy Customization".

@ 2007-05-11 15:04   ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2007-05-11 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> In the Emacs manual (see under Help in the menus) you can find more
> information. Look for "Customize" and then "Easy Customization".

Here's the expanded customize hierarchy:

http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~bojohan/emacs/customize.txt

--
Johan Bockgård