all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Another few emacs questions
@ 2007-05-28  3:14 mowgli
From: mowgli @ 2007-05-28  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

At times when writing a shell script, I am unable to tab and have to
use spaces instead (like when writing if statements). This only
happens sometimes. At other times this is fine.

This same problem I  have seen in jed. Is there a way to be able to
tab when needed?

How would you save a macro, in other words, map a key to use a command
sequence? What to put in .emacs?

Regards,
mowgli

* Re: Another few emacs questions
@ 2007-05-28  8:33 ` Kamen Tomov
From: Kamen Tomov @ 2007-05-28  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On понеделник, Май 28 2007, mowgli wrote:

> How would you save a macro, in other words, map a key to use a command
> sequence? What to put in .emacs?

You can use the command global-set-key. For example:

(global-set-key (quote [f10]) (quote command-name))

* Re: Another few emacs questions
@ 2007-05-28 19:51 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-05-28 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: mowgli <knowledgeless@gmail.com>
> Date: 27 May 2007 20:14:47 -0700
>
> At times when writing a shell script, I am unable to tab and have to
> use spaces instead (like when writing if statements). This only
> happens sometimes. At other times this is fine.
>
> This same problem I  have seen in jed. Is there a way to be able to
> tab when needed?

Does "C-q TAB" do what you want?

* Re: Another few emacs questions
@ 2007-06-02  9:22 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2007-06-02  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

mowgli <knowledgeless@gmail.com> writes:

> How would you save a macro, in other words, map a key to use a command
> sequence? What to put in .emacs?

Like

    (global-set-key (kbd "<f9>") (kbd "C-a <down> M-x foo RET ..."))

--
Johan Bockgård