all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* matching parenthesis
@ 2005-07-22 12:30 Jan Guido Donath
From: Jan Guido Donath @ 2005-07-22 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

in my .emacs, i have the following in order to show matching parenthesis:

(setq show-paren-delay 0
      show-paren-style 'parenthesis)
(show-paren-mode 1)

Actually, it highlights the matching parenthesis in a different colour.
The problem is: when the matching parenthesis is out of the display,
that doesnt make much sense to me ...
I remember that once, it showed an expression in the minibuffer like
"mathes (defun..." or something like this. this makes a lot of sense!!

Unfortunately, I couldnt get that back. I tried to set show-paren-style
to 'mixed etc, but thats not what I want ...

Is there any lisp-code that might work as described?

Thanks,

Guido