On 2020-03-09 10:02 +01, martin rudalics wrote: > > A patch is attached which is proposed as a tentative improvement. If > > it’s good enough to apply, I do have my copyright assingment paperwork > > done so it can be committed right away. > > Thanks for looking into this. But > > - "Enable scroll using tilting mouse wheel." > + "Enable horizontal scrolling via mouse or touchpad. Also see > + ‘mouse-wheel-flip-direction’." > > violates the rule from D.6 of the Elisp manual: > > The first line of the documentation string should consist of one or > two complete sentences that stand on their own as a summary. New patch added, with some improvement to the ‘...-flip-direction’ variable too. > Also, 'mouse-wheel-flip-direction' does not have a great doc-string > either. Maybe we should add a reference to section 21.1 of the Emacs > manual? There is this, assuming you meant "(emacs) Mouse Commands": ,---- | Emacs can also support horizontal scrolling if your mouse’s wheel can | be tilted. This feature is off by default; the variable | ‘mouse-wheel-tilt-scroll’ turns it on. If you’d like to reverse the | direction of horizontal scrolling, customize the variable | ‘mouse-wheel-flip-direction’ to a non-‘nil’ value. `---- I think a little mention of touchpads would suffice. The added patch addresses this too. Cheers, -gk. P.S. I never know if it’s better to send Debbugs patches inline or as attachments. Sorry if I’m doing the wrong thing.