all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Farsi/Persian Translation of Emacs Tutorial -- Ready for Inclusion in the Next Emacs
@ 2023-04-24  0:12 محسن بنان
From: محسن بنان @ 2023-04-24  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dear Colleagues,

I have translated the Emacs tutorial to Farsi/Persian.

The translated file is at:
https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/TUTORIAL.fa

It includes various bidi markers.

Because of that, it would be great if Eli were to
take care of adding it to the git tree. Thanks in advance.

I have tested the inclusion in my own 29 branch
and in the process of doing so, I notices the
following:

------
Fix typo in lisp/language/misc-lang.el s/ZWMJ/ZWNJ/
Suggestions for lisp/language/misc-lang.el
In the first line of doc string spell out Zero Width Non-joiner
Position the Arabic comment box properly – not on top of coding system
Question: why are Arabic and Persian in Misc? Is it because they do not have a tutorial?
------

My own build involved addition of persian.el
https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/persian.el
and addition of a line to loadup.el.

These are all mentioned in the readme at:
https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/README.org

I have already received my $1 and the copyright
paper work is already in place.

I'll be happy to build and verify after the git push.

Thanks and regards,

---
Mohsen BANAN  --- http://mohsen.1.banan.byname.net