all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* strange feature interaction: gnu emacs 21.4/ auc-tex 11.55/listings.el: font-latex-match-textual-keywords-local
@ 2005-03-14  9:34 Martin Steffen
From: Martin Steffen @ 2005-03-14  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

recently, the local sys-admins upgraded to emacs 21.4. Everything's fine
except that the AUC-TeX mode suddenly chokes on visiting a latex-file for
the first time; i.e., when evaluating the corresponding load-hooks, the

   Symbol's value as variable is void: font-latex-match-textual-keywords-local

Trying to nail down the problem by switching on the debugger: it seems that
the error occurs when it loads all kinds of auc-tex auxiliary files
containing the lisp-codes for various style files, in particular the one
for listings.sty breaks:

give the above error, but I could not find out what's wrong. I tried
tentatively to simply set the variable to some value, but that doesn't
help, there are further errors down the loading, and there must be
something wrong more deeply.

Strangely enough, when I try to load the file a second time, emacs does not
complain.?!

Any hint, which of the packages could be the culprit, is welcome.

Martin

* Re: strange feature interaction: gnu emacs 21.4/ auc-tex 11.55/listings.el:  font-latex-match-textual-keywords-local
@ 2005-03-14 10:57 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2005-03-14 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Steffen <ms@informatik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> recently, the local sys-admins upgraded to emacs 21.4. Everything's fine
> except that the AUC-TeX mode suddenly chokes on visiting a latex-file for
> the first time; i.e., when evaluating the corresponding load-hooks, the
>
>    Symbol's value as variable is void: font-latex-match-textual-keywords-local
>

> Trying to nail down the problem by switching on the debugger: it seems that
> the error occurs when it loads all kinds of auc-tex auxiliary files
> containing the lisp-codes for various style files, in particular the one
> for listings.sty breaks:

> give the above error, but I could not find out what's wrong. I tried
> tentatively to simply set the variable to some value, but that doesn't
> help, there are further errors down the loading, and there must be
> something wrong more deeply.
>

> Strangely enough, when I try to load the file a second time, emacs does not
> complain.?!
>
> Any hint, which of the packages could be the culprit, is welcome.

M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

* Re: strange feature interaction: gnu emacs 21.4/ auc-tex 11.55/listings.el: font-latex-match-textual-keywords-local
@ 2005-03-14 13:29   ` Martin Steffen
From: Martin Steffen @ 2005-03-14 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

David> M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

Right. That's the problem:

/opt/gnu/share/emacs/site-lisp/font-latex hides /opt/gnu/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex

Thanks a lot/

Martin