all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to convert xls to ascii
@ 2003-02-20 21:10 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2003-02-20 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do you convert xls to ascii without having to download
software for that purpose?...

* How to convert xls to ascii
@ 2003-02-20 21:14 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2003-02-20 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

In emacs rmail how do you convert xls to ascii

@ 2003-02-20 21:15 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2003-02-20 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

xls isn't mentioned for the converters at
http://preprints.cern.ch/Convert?emailGuide
http://samurajdata.se/~cj/ps.html

* Re: How to convert xls to ascii
@ 2003-02-20 21:26 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-20 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How do you convert xls to ascii without having to download
> software for that purpose?...

You can buy a CD instead.

I know of no other way.

* Re: How to convert xls to ascii
@ 2003-02-20 21:58 ` Dan Debertin
From: Dan Debertin @ 2003-02-20 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> xls isn't mentioned for the converters at
> http://preprints.cern.ch/Convert?emailGuide
> http://samurajdata.se/~cj/ps.html

It isn't terribly emacs-apropos -- I don't think emacs has a way to do
this -- but I've had a lot of success with xlhtml:

http://chicago.sourceforge.net/xlhtml/

Use the -csv option to get something parseable by people. Perhaps it
will produce output that csv.el can read; I haven't tried it.

Dan
--
/^Dan Debertin$/         |
airboss@nodewarrior.org  |