Hi, I've posted a similar article to the newsgroup comp.emacs, but did not get an answer, so I thought I'll try it here. ,---- | I'm working on a little script, which uses the server functionality of | emacs. The old version of this script used the gnuserv/gnudoit tools | for the communication. The current CVS version of emacs contains a more | advanced emacsclient and uses a different (IMHO much better) technique | for the server communication. To use emacsclient in my script I would | really like to have two new features in emacsclient. | | - Using standard input: when no filename or '-' is specified standard | input is read. | - --socket-name: With this option the default UNIX socket filename can | be overwritten to be able to have more than one socket per host. | | If I would know that there is any chance that these features would get | into CVS I would supply a patch myself. | | RFC `---- After a short period of time I couldn't hold it back, so I posted the following ,---- | Okay I couldn't wait, so here is the first patch enabling emacsclient | to use a different socket filename. `----