all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Why obsolete pc-package in emacs 24
@ 2011-11-20  2:11 Ricahrd Wong
From: Ricahrd Wong @ 2011-11-20  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there:
I am an emacs user, and I have compiled and run emacs 24.0.90 instead of
stable version.
However. some prior emacs settings is depend on pc-select package.
It is really embarrassing.
pc-select is really convenient to use. So, I wonder which package(s) is
more advanced and can replace the pc-select package.

As a student in china, my customization method may immature and inefficient.
so, an additional question(or just a request:)
How did you customize your own copy and paste?(such as shortcuts, functions
or invoking relationships about lines, religions or paragraphs..)

Really gratitude to receive your letters.

Best regards
Richard Wong

--
Trust yourself.
Trust your distinct.

* Re: Why obsolete pc-package in emacs 24
@ 2011-11-20  2:29 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-11-20  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Ricahrd Wong; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Ricahrd Wong wrote:

> I am an emacs user, and I have compiled and run emacs 24.0.90 instead
> of stable version. However. some prior emacs settings is depend on
> pc-select package. It is really embarrassing. pc-select is really
> convenient to use. So, I wonder which package(s) is more advanced and
> can replace the pc-select package.

Look in the etc/NEWS file for this kind of information.
Read it with C-h n or from the Help menu.

  *** s-region.el and pc-select are obsolete.
  They are superseded by shift-select-mode enabled by default in 23.1.

(Note that the documentation for this may not have been written yet).