all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to change the status of a bug report on debbugs?
@ 2021-10-26  6:08 H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2021-10-26  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello

I, mistakenly, send a bug report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.  Is it
possible that I can change the bug status to "resolved" or "ignore" Or,
even better, to retract this embarrassing report completely?

Thank you

      Dieter

* Re: How to change the status of a bug report on debbugs?
@ 2021-10-26  7:29 ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-26  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:

> I, mistakenly, send a bug report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.
> Is it possible that I can change the bug status to
> "resolved" or "ignore" Or, even better, to retract this
> embarrassing report completely?

Heh, relax ...

Tell them at gmane.emacs.bugs and/or reply to related mail ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: How to change the status of a bug report on debbugs?
@ 2021-10-26  8:16 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2021-10-26  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Dieter Wilhelm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 08:08:52AM +0200, H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
> Hello
>
> I, mistakenly, send a bug report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.  Is it
> possible that I can change the bug status to "resolved" or "ignore" Or,
> even better, to retract this embarrassing report completely?

For the official docs, see [1].

In short, if your bug's address is <nnnn>.debbugs.gnu.org, you just
send a mail to <nnnn>-closed@debbugs.gnu.org.

The body should explain why you consider it worth closing.

Cheers

[1] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing

 - t

* Re: How to change the status of a bug report on debbugs?
@ 2021-10-26  8:28 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2021-10-26  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Dieter Wilhelm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> Hello

Hi Dieter,

> I, mistakenly, send a bug report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.  Is it
> possible that I can change the bug status to "resolved" or "ignore" Or,
> even better, to retract this embarrassing report completely?

You can send a control message to the debbugs server. In your case,
reply to the bug report, but use the address
<NNNNN-done@debbugs.gnu.org>, with NNNNN being the bug number.

See the Emacs tree, file admin/notes/bugtracker, for more details.

> Thank you
>
>       Dieter

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: How to change the status of a bug report on debbugs?
@ 2021-10-26 21:47   ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2021-10-26 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
>
>> I, mistakenly, send a bug report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.
>> Is it possible that I can change the bug status to
>> "resolved" or "ignore" Or, even better, to retract this
>> embarrassing report completely?
>
> Heh, relax ...

Just got a relaxing message from the GNU bug Tracking System bug closed!
;-)

Bye