all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* question about buffer mechanism
@ 2018-08-19 19:04 akrl
       [not found] ` <mailman.5302.1534710880.1292.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: akrl @ 2018-08-19 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,
The question is the following:
Say I have this function:

(defun my-open-at-point (&rest _)
  (interactive)
    (org-open-at-point)
    (print (current-buffer)))

When I call it on an org link the link at point is opened and when
my-open-at-point has finished the current buffer is the one pointed by
the link.

What I cannot understand is why the buffer that is printed is still the
original one containing the link.
I would expect to see already there the buffer changed to the new one.
I miss also where and how is then set the new buffer.

I'm probably missing something really basic here.

Bests
  Andrea

--
akrl@sdf.org