all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* using ispell to check a word under the mouse pointer
@ 2003-06-30 19:02 Robin Norwood
From: Robin Norwood @ 2003-06-30 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to get ispell to spell check a word under the mouse pointer
after a mouse click.  I have in my .emacs:

;; ispell
(global-set-key [(M-S-mouse-3)] 'ispell-word)

Which launches ispell, but checks the word at or before the insertion
point/cursor...which is correct, according to the docs for
ispell-word.

Is there a '-mouse' version of ispell-word available, or some other
fanciness to get this to work?

GNU Emacs 21.2.1
ispell.el 3.6 - 01/07/2003

To add a second ispell question, I'm using ispell-message to
spell check messages before they are sent - it does a good job ignoring
headers and quotes, but when forwarding mail in Gnus (C-c-C-f), the
message I am forwarding is enclosed in:

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 62 bytes --]

It would be nice if ispell would ignore everything in between

and MIME-Version: 1.0

, and just check any text I've added above or below.  Any
idea why it doesn't do this?

Thanks,

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.

-Lao Tzu, Te Tao Ching

* Re: using ispell to check a word under the mouse pointer
       [not found] <mailman.8916.1057004434.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-06-30 20:51 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-30 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robin Norwood <rnorwood@redhat.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get ispell to spell check a word under the mouse pointer
> after a mouse click.  I have in my .emacs:
>

> ;; ispell
> (global-set-key [(M-S-mouse-3)] 'ispell-word)

(defun robin-ispell-word-mouse (e)
  (interactive "e")
  (mouse-set-point e)
  (ispell-word))

--
~/.signature

* Re: using ispell to check a word under the mouse pointer
@ 2003-06-30 21:51   ` Robin Norwood
From: Robin Norwood @ 2003-06-30 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Robin Norwood <rnorwood@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to get ispell to spell check a word under the mouse pointer
> > after a mouse click.  I have in my .emacs:
> >

> > ;; ispell
> > (global-set-key [(M-S-mouse-3)] 'ispell-word)
>
> (defun robin-ispell-word-mouse (e)
>   (interactive "e")
>   (mouse-set-point e)
>   (ispell-word))

Delightful!  That works like a charm, thanks!

BTW, I notice that your signature is:

~/.signature

Is that intentional?  I can't quite tell if it's a misconfiguration,
or you're being clever.  :-)

-RN

--
Robin Norwood