(Sorry for late response, I had to look at GNU ELPA but got sucked by other work in the meantime.) >> This time I bring to you a patch adding num3-mode which helps read long >> numbers by alternating highlighting of group of digits in a long >> number, so for instance something like: On Thu, Sep 06 2012, Stefan Monnier wrote: > Looks nice, thanks. Tho I'd rather add it to GNU ELPA than to > Emacs proper. Obviously, I would love to have it in Emacs, especially since it's tiny and I strongly believe it could benefit everyone by turning it on by default, but I could settle for a package if no one wants it in Emacs. ;) However, I could not figure out how would I go about preparing a package to go there. Emacswiki points to a overly-long thread with some pointers about policy, but no steps to get a package there. -- Best regards, _ _ .o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o ..o | Computer Science, Michał “mina86” Nazarewicz (o o) ooo +------------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--