bryan o'connor writes: > > There have been more changes at 06/29 and 06/30. Your search.c is > > newer than that? > > If it is, could you run Emacs under gdb and give a backtrace when it > > bugs out? > > i just tested a cvs version dated 6/28 and it did abort(). the > backtrace > is attached below. > > my keystrokes were: > M-x slime [return] > M-. prin1 [return] > M-. prin1 [return] > M-. prin1 [return] I have repeatedly stated that I had no clue what I was doing there, as I have no idea how Lisp data structures are implemented in C. I have begged in desperation that someone take a look at the patch before I check it in. No reaction. So that's where we are now. Does the following patch (where I, on a hunch, try using XSETBUFFER whenever assigning a buffer, without a clue about whether this has any relevance or not) change anything?