all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-07 18:03 Zero Void
From: Zero Void @ 2002-12-07 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just installed AucTex-10.0g. However, most part of syntax can not be
highlighted wonderfully. It says

,----
| Error during redisplay: (error No match 3 in highlight (3 font-lock-builtin-face))
| Error during redisplay: (error No match 3 in highlight (3 font-lock-function-name-face keep))
`----

I guess I needs to customize something, but don't know what.

BTW, I am using emacs 21.2.1 on a redhat 8.0 if it helps.

TIA

--
Beauty and harmony are as necessary to you as the very breath of life.

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-07 21:54 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-07 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zero Void <hujingcao@hotmail.com> writes:

> Just installed AucTex-10.0g. However, most part of syntax can not be
> highlighted wonderfully.

Maybe try 11.13.  It's in the alpha, or beta, or testing, subdir.

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-08  0:31   ` Zero Void
From: Zero Void @ 2002-12-08  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Maybe try 11.13.  It's in the alpha, or beta, or testing, subdir.

That works. Thanks a lot.

--
network packets travelling uphill (use a carrier pigeon)

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-10  9:42   ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2002-12-10  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Zero Void <hujingcao@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > Just installed AucTex-10.0g. However, most part of syntax can not be
> > highlighted wonderfully.
>
> Maybe try 11.13.  It's in the alpha, or beta, or testing, subdir.

No.  It is in the stable dir on
<URL:http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/auctex>

AUC TeX development has stopped stalling.

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-10 10:41     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-10 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Kastrup <David.Kastrup@t-online.de> writes:

> AUC TeX development has stopped stalling.

(big crowd gathers, cheering)  Yay!

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-10 12:38       ` Kester Clegg
From: Kester Clegg @ 2002-12-10 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> > AUC TeX development has stopped stalling.
>
> (big crowd gathers, cheering)  Yay!

Hear hear.  A large thanks to all those who've made AUC TeX & reftex the
superlative latex editing environment.

Kester Clegg				Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)		University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-10 13:18         ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2002-12-10 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
> > > AUC TeX development has stopped stalling.
> >
> > (big crowd gathers, cheering)  Yay!
>
> Hear hear.  A large thanks to all those who've made AUC TeX & reftex
> the superlative latex editing environment.

And preview-latex which I must mention with high praise in all
fairness as a major productivity enhancement for LaTeX, even though
I am the maintainer of AUC TeX.

But since preview-latex required AUC TeX, I feel not too bad about
admitting its usefulness.

You _have_ checked out <URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net> yet,
I trust?

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-10 14:07           ` Kester Clegg
From: Kester Clegg @ 2002-12-10 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Kastrup <David.Kastrup@t-online.de> writes:

> You _have_ checked out <URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net> yet,
> I trust?

I have, but sadly these days I use pdflatex and xpdf.  But I think
preview-latex is a great idea.  I know you're working on getting
pdflatex support and I'll try and have a look to see if I can get a bit
more involved.  :-)

Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk

* Re: Syntax highlight
@ 2002-12-10 14:14             ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2002-12-10 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> David Kastrup <David.Kastrup@t-online.de> writes:
>
> > You _have_ checked out <URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net> yet,
> > I trust?
>
> I have, but sadly these days I use pdflatex and xpdf.

So what?  Most documents will still run through LaTeX nevertheless,
and if preview-latex finds that you have configured AUCTeX to run
pdflatex, current versions will just run latex for generating the
previews, nevertheless.

> preview-latex is a great idea.  I know you're working on getting
> pdflatex support and I'll try and have a look to see if I can get a
> bit more involved.  :-)

Two angles must be dealt with.  Angle 1 is that the Emacs part needs
to get away with batch operation.  If that is accomplished, other
converters can be dropped in as well.  Angle 2 is that all the
important information must be written out into PDF specials, which I
have no clue about.

An optional angle 3 would involve running GhostScript in damon mode
operation like we do it for PostScript: in that case, one would need
to know how, for example, GhostView can navigate freely through PDF
files.  This would probably be the most ambitious part, and it would
mostly obliterate the need for angle 1 as well (which we nevertheless
want to arrive at).