all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: David Kastrup <David.Kastrup@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: AUC-TeX completion fails to offer some possibilities
Date: 13 Dec 2002 10:35:24 +0100	[thread overview]

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> David Kastrup <David.Kastrup@t-online.de> writes:
>
> > This is AUC TeX, head development speaking.  If somebody puts
> > completion for \vskip, \hbox, \vbox, \halign, \valign and a number of
> > other stuff into the normal LaTeX modes, I will rip it right out
> > again.
>
> Okay, okay.  I think the example was wrong.  I don't quite remember
> which other macros I was looking for and missed.  But I remember that
> I thought that this was not an unusual macro to use.  I'll post again
> when I stumble across the situation again.

Please do.  We need every improvement we can get.  Other worthwhile
tasks:
a) support for most standard packages, such as "tools"
b) support for ConTeXt
c) easy support for "classical" keybindings for coaxing the obstinate
d) support for all "standard" commands crosschecked
e) help texts for all standard LaTeX2e error messages
f) a good extensible syntax highlighting scheme for packages and of
course, use of it.