all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: small preview-latex problem
@ 2004-02-12 13:32 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2004-02-12 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> I get for the attached tex-file following error-message:

There is no file attached, and

M-x preview-report-bug RET

exists.

>  error in process sentinel: End of Preview snippet 4 unexpected
>
> I read on http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.latex.preview.devel/812 :
> This usually points to an error in the LaTeX processing.
>
> But what does that mean and how can I fix it?

It usually means that the output from LaTeX confuses preview-latex
when it is trying to find out which files are currently open.
Problem is that it decides this by the nesting of
(file.tex [3] [4]
and similar messages, and that other output may contain stuff that
looks similar.  Two solutions exist: improve preview-latex, or change
the messages that are confusing to it.  What the proper remedy is can
be best decided on the preview-latex-bug list.  So please use
M-x preview-report-bug

> The normal Latex-process (C-c C-c) works fine.

Well, until you try to use C-c ` for locating errors.  In which case
AUCTeX will probably be confused in the same way.

* small preview-latex problem
@ 2004-02-12 15:30 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-02-12 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I get for the attached tex-file following error-message:

 error in process sentinel: End of Preview snippet 4 unexpected

I read on http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.latex.preview.devel/812 :
This usually points to an error in the LaTeX processing.

But what does that mean and how can I fix it? The normal Latex-process (C-c
C-c) works fine.

Greetings!
--
Fabian Braennstroem
Duesseldorf/Berlin

* Re: small preview-latex problem
@ 2004-02-12 22:08   ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-02-12 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> I get for the attached tex-file following error-message:
>
> There is no file attached, and
I forgot it.

> the messages that are confusing to it.  What the proper remedy is can
> be best decided on the preview-latex-bug list.  So please use
> M-x preview-report-bug
Sorry, but my mailing does not work right now. I will do as soon as possible.

Greetings!
--

[-- Attachment #2: texfile --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 1141 bytes --]

 \documentclass[12pt,a4paper,german, ,pointlessnumbers]{article}
% \usepackage{ae}
% \usepackage{aecompl}
 \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
 \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{amsmath}
 \usepackage{setspace}
 \onehalfspacing
\usepackage{amssymb}

\makeatletter

\providecommand{\tabularnewline}{\\}

\usepackage{german}
% erstellen von PDF-Dateien
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{german,a4}

\usepackage{babel}
%\makeatother
\begin{document}

\title{Symbolverzeichnis $\backslash$ Nomenclature}

\maketitle

\section{Lateinische Kleinbuchstaben $\backslash$ Lower-case Roman}

%
\begin{table}[H]
\begin{tabular}{|l|l|l|l|l|l|}
\hline
Abkürzung &
d. Name&
e. Name&
Größenordnung&
Einheit&
CHV\tabularnewline
\hline
&
&
&
&
&test
\tabularnewline
\hline
\end{tabular} \centering

\caption{Skalare}

\label{tab:latscalar}
\end{table}

%
\begin{table}[H]
\begin{tabular}{|l|l|l|l|l|l|}
\hline
Abkürzung &
d. Name&
e. Name&
Größenordnung&
Einheit&
CHV\tabularnewline
\hline
&
&
&
&
&
\tabularnewline
\hline
\end{tabular} \centering

\caption{Vektoren}

\label{tab:latvector}
\end{table}

\end{document}

Fabian Braennstroem
Duesseldorf/Berlin

* Re: small preview-latex problem
@ 2004-02-12 22:13     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-02-12 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Feb 12 2004, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
[...]
>> So please use M-x preview-report-bug
> Sorry, but my mailing does not work right now. I will do as soon as possible.

Instead of sending the mail buffer in Emacs, you may copy the content
to your mail program.

I cannot say anything about you preview-latex problem, but you LaTeX
file has some problems.  Please read CTAN:info/l2tabu/ (URL listed
below).

,----[ <URL:http://kohm.de.tf/markus/texidate.html> ]

`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: small preview-latex problem
@ 2004-02-13 11:20       ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-02-13 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 12 2004, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>
>> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
> [...]
>>> So please use M-x preview-report-bug
>> Sorry, but my mailing does not work right now. I will do as soon as possible.
>
> Instead of sending the mail buffer in Emacs, you may copy the content
> to your mail program.
Now, mailing with Gnus works again and used the bug list.

> I cannot say anything about you preview-latex problem, but you LaTeX
> file has some problems.  Please read CTAN:info/l2tabu/ (URL listed
> below).
Did not know that document. Thanks!

> ,----[ <URL:http://kohm.de.tf/markus/texidate.html> ]
> | %% Below you'll find the result of running `TeXidate' on your document.
> | %% <URL:http://kohm.de.tf/markus/texidate.html>
> | %% Your sample has 90 lines, try to reduce it to 30 or less,
> | %% if this is supposed to be a *minimal* sample.
> | TeXidate 0.5d
> | Copyright (c) 2003 Markus Kohm
> |
> | 1 (WARNING):: Empty optional argument!
> | 19 (ERROR): package inputenc already loaded at line 5 with options
> | 	"latin1". I'll ignore this load!
> | 20 (ERROR): package german already loaded at line 17 with options "". I'll
> | 	ignore this load!
> | 20 (OBSOLETE): You should use one of geometry, typearea, vmargin instead of
> | 	package a4.
> | (FATAL): You should use only one of the packages babel (line 22), german
> | 	(line 17).

Even correcting these error/warnings/obsoletes preview-latex gives me the same
error.
I will wait for the bug-list response.
Thanks anyways.
Greetings!