all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bash shell usage
@ 2006-12-10 22:47 Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-12-10 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have specifically customised shell in emacs so that the shell file is
/bin/bash

But why is it not picking up the path alteration in my .bashrc?

Also "set" just gives

~ $ set
usage: set: (SYMBOL NEWVAL)
~ $

Clearly something wrong and hopefully easy that I have missed.

* Re: bash shell usage
@ 2006-12-11 15:38 ` Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2006-12-11 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hadron Quark wrote:
> I have specifically customised shell in emacs so that the shell file is
> /bin/bash
>
> But why is it not picking up the path alteration in my .bashrc?
>
> Also "set" just gives
>
> ~ $ set
> usage: set: (SYMBOL NEWVAL)
> ~ $
>
> Clearly something wrong and hopefully easy that I have missed.

You are using eshell, not shell.  Somewhere in .emacs you have set
eshell-prefer-to-shell to t.