all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how long has emacs been idle?
@ 2003-11-27 14:23 Roland Winkler
From: Roland Winkler @ 2003-11-27 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a timer function that is called every 60s. I would like to
modify the code such that this happens only when emacs has been idle
for not more than, say, 5 min. Is there a variable that my code
could check in order to know for how long emacs has been idle?

Thanks a lot,

Roland

* Re: how long has emacs been idle?
@ 2003-11-27 21:50 ` Piet van Oostrum
From: Piet van Oostrum @ 2003-11-27 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

RW> I have a timer function that is called every 60s. I would like to
RW> modify the code such that this happens only when emacs has been idle
RW> for not more than, say, 5 min. Is there a variable that my code
RW> could check in order to know for how long emacs has been idle?

Maybe you just need the function `run-with-idle-timer'. Anyway you can use
this function to set a variable.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum@hccnet.nl