all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rookie question  How to jump to line#
@ 2006-03-06 14:05 billy
From: billy @ 2006-03-06 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I jump to a line #?
How do I tell emacs to display line #?

* Re: rookie question  How to jump to line#
@ 2006-03-06 15:31 ` Albert Reiner
From: Albert Reiner @ 2006-03-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

["billy" <bp1497@att.com>, 6 Mar 2006 06:05:52 -0800]:

,----[ C-h f goto-line RET ]
| goto-line is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple'.
| (goto-line ARG)
|
| Goto line ARG, counting from line 1 at beginning of buffer.
`----

Albert.

* Re: rookie question  How to jump to line#
@ 2006-03-06 16:01 ` Mark T.B. Carroll
From: Mark T.B. Carroll @ 2006-03-06 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"billy" <bp1497@att.com> writes:

> How do I jump to a line #?
> How do I tell emacs to display line #?

I normally use M-x goto-line

-- Mark

* Re: rookie question  How to jump to line#
@ 2006-03-06 17:45 ` B. T. Raven
From: B. T. Raven @ 2006-03-06 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

"billy" <bp1497@att.com> wrote in message
> How do I jump to a line #?
> How do I tell emacs to display line #?

In version 22 it's M-g g
In earlier versions you could put something like one of these in .emacs:

(global-set-key [(super g)] 'goto-line)

or

(global-set-key [(hyper g)] 'goto-line)

or