all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* fullscreen support on OSX
@ 2011-02-03 13:12 Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2011-02-03 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm using the ns-toggle-fullscreen patch at

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/typester/emacs/feature-fullscreen.patch

It works almost perfectly: however, with a dark background, I get a
small square of light colour in the bottom right-hand corner. Does
anyone know why / how to overcome that?

(I'm also curious whether this patch is likely to be moved into emacs.)

Dan

emacs 24.0.50.1
OS X 10.6.6

* Re: fullscreen support on OSX
@ 2011-02-03 14:01 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2011-02-03 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dan Davison <dandavison7@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using the ns-toggle-fullscreen patch at
>
> http://cloud.github.com/downloads/typester/emacs/feature-fullscreen.patch
>
> It works almost perfectly: however, with a dark background, I get a
> small square of light colour in the bottom right-hand corner. Does
> anyone know why / how to overcome that?
>

> (I'm also curious whether this patch is likely to be moved into emacs.)

Ignore the last bit, I see this has been answered recently.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/134568

@ 2011-02-03 20:04   ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2011-02-03 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Feb 3, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Dan Davison wrote:

> Ignore the last bit, I see this has been answered recently.
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/134568

Let me know how this works for you - Aquamacs 2.2 contains Typester's patch, which I have remodeled to use the Emacs-standard frame parameters and hooks.

- D

* Re: fullscreen support on OSX
@ 2011-02-04 23:20     ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2011-02-04 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: emacs-devel

David Reitter <david.reitter@gmail.com> writes:

> On Feb 3, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Dan Davison wrote:
>>
>> Ignore the last bit, I see this has been answered recently.
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/134568
>
> Let me know how this works for you - Aquamacs 2.2 contains Typester's
> patch, which I have remodeled to use the Emacs-standard frame
> parameters and hooks.

Thanks, I tried that out and confirm that both aquamacs and patched
emacs24 satisfy my OS X fullscreen desires.

I initially described a proposed bug involving a small pale-colored
square in the bottom right hand corner, visible when using dark
backgrounds. This "problem" is also present in Aquamacs, but I found
goes away with multiple invocations of color-theme-altering
functions. It may be a bug, but I suspect more likely I was managing to
find some combination of minibuffer/fringe/background/etc faces that
left a little exposed patch down there.

Dan

@ 2011-02-05  9:24     ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2011-02-05  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: Dan Davison, emacs-devel

David Reitter skrev 2011-02-03 21.04:
> On Feb 3, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Dan Davison wrote:
>>
>> Ignore the last bit, I see this has been answered recently.
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/134568
>
> Let me know how this works for you - Aquamacs 2.2 contains Typester's
> patch, which I have remodeled to use the Emacs-standard frame parameters
> and hooks.

Does it do fullheight and width also?  What is the legal status of the code,
can it be ported to Emacs?

	Jan D.

* Re: fullscreen support on OSX
@ 2011-02-06  1:14       ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2011-02-06  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: Dan Davison, emacs-devel

On Feb 5, 2011, at 4:24 AM, Jan Djärv wrote:

> Does it do fullheight and width also?  What is the legal status of the code, can it be ported to Emacs?

It doesn't do fullheight/fullwidth, since they can't be mapped to the system API.

As for status, I am happy for my code to be included after it has seen some testing in Aquamacs (give us some time please), and in fact I'm happy to do this job then.

However, half of it is "typester"'s code (credit should go to him for figuring out the tricky parts - my earlier solution did not work as reliably), and I don't think he's assigned the copyright.

- David

* Re: fullscreen support on OSX
@ 2011-02-06  4:30 ` YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2011-02-06  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I'm using the ns-toggle-fullscreen patch at
> http://cloud.github.com/downloads/typester/emacs/feature-fullscreen.patch

> It works almost perfectly: however, with a dark background, I get a
> small square of light colour in the bottom right-hand corner. Does
> anyone know why / how to overcome that?

Can you show the concrete procedure (preferably starting from
Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q) to reproduce the problem so we can
see if it also happens on other platforms/ports?

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp