all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp>
To: Philipp Stephani <p.stephani2@gmail.com>
Cc: 32927@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#32927: 27.0.50; libxml not found when building on macOS Mojave
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 09:34:48 +0900	[thread overview]

tags 32927 notabug
close 32927
quit

On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 06:22:22 +0900,
Philipp Stephani wrote:

> Yes, looks like this is the problem:
>
> $ pkg-config --cflags --libs "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17"
>
> -I/usr/include/libxml2 -lxml2
>
> $ pkg-config --variable pcfiledir "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17"
>
> /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/pkgconfig/10.12

The file libxml-2.0.pc there (installed via Homebrew?) does not make
sense (and actually does harm) unless the header files are installed
into /usr/include.  You can do that by following the workaround
mentioned in the Xcode release notes, but I'm not sure this is the way
intended by the Homebrew developers (and I'm not using Homebrew).
Maybe you want to ask it at some Homebrew forum.

Anyway, this is not a bug in Emacs.  Closing.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp