all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Pascals Triangle
@ 2003-08-05 15:36 Artist
From: Artist @ 2003-08-05 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
 Which mode or arrangment would allow in emacs to draw a structure
like pascal's triangle. (Not the pascal's triangle itself).

Thanks
artist

* Re: Pascals Triangle
@ 2003-08-05 17:11 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-08-05 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Artist wrote:

> Hi,
>  Which mode or arrangment would allow in emacs to draw a structure
> like pascal's triangle. (Not the pascal's triangle itself).

fundamental-mode
lisp-interaction-mode

picture-mode

Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Pascals Triangle
@ 2003-08-05 21:52 ` Joe Fineman
From: Joe Fineman @ 2003-08-05 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:

>  Which mode or arrangment would allow in emacs to draw a structure
> like pascal's triangle. (Not the pascal's triangle itself).

I would be inclined to use tabs in ordinary text mode:

			1		1
		1		2		1
	1		3		3		1
1		4		6		4		1

etc., and then write something, probably in Elisp, that would massage
the spacing to make the columns narrower & centered.
--
---  Joe Fineman    jcf@TheWorld.com

||:  Perhaps even this you will someday remember with pleasure.  :||