all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Variables For Queued Mail & News ?
@ 2003-05-14  3:53 It's me FKtPp ;)
From: It's me FKtPp ;) @ 2003-05-14  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Group:

I use NT emacs in win98, and send mail use Gnus Message via smtpmail(CVS version).My problem is that when I started emacs and C-x m compose a mail and C-c C-c offline,It queued in stmpmail. But if I started emacs and M-x gnus-unplugged and then C-x m compose a mail and C-c C-c send it offline,It queued in Gnus Draft. This makes me to send mail use smtpmail-send-queued-mail and open Gnus go in to Draft group and D-S.

I want to know if there's variable indicate I am in offline mode and just let all my  queued mail store in Gnus Draft?

yours FKtPp ;)
Sorry for my >79 cloumn message :P

* Re: Variables For Queued Mail & News ?
@ 2003-05-15  8:36 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-15  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

"It's me FKtPp ;)" <m_pupil@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> I use NT emacs in win98, and send mail use Gnus Message via
> smtpmail(CVS version).My problem is that when I started emacs and
> C-x m compose a mail and C-c C-c offline,It queued in stmpmail. But
> if I started emacs and M-x gnus-unplugged and then C-x m compose a
> mail and C-c C-c send it offline,It queued in Gnus Draft. This makes
> me to send mail use smtpmail-send-queued-mail and open Gnus go in to
> Draft group and D-S.

I suggest to use (setq mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent).  Then C-x m
will do like in Gnus.

--
This line is not blank.

* Re: Variables For Queued Mail & News ?
@ 2003-05-16  1:00   ` It's me FKtPp ;)
From: It's me FKtPp ;) @ 2003-05-16  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> "It's me FKtPp ;)" <m_pupil@yahoo.com.cn> writes:
>
> > I use NT emacs in win98, and send mail use Gnus Message via
> > smtpmail(CVS version).My problem is that when I started emacs and
> > C-x m compose a mail and C-c C-c offline,It queued in stmpmail. But
> > if I started emacs and M-x gnus-unplugged and then C-x m compose a
> > mail and C-c C-c send it offline,It queued in Gnus Draft. This makes
> > me to send mail use smtpmail-send-queued-mail and open Gnus go in to
> > Draft group and D-S.
>
> I suggest to use (setq mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent).  Then C-x m
> will do like in Gnus.

Thank you for ur help,But there already a line like this:
 '(mail-user-agent (quote gnus-user-agent))
in my .emacs file.When I type C-x m it's Message not Mail start a *mail*
buffer.And if I didn't M-x gnus-unplugged RET before, It always try to
send my message(seem like I am online, But I am not indeed) via smtpmail.
This makes me mad :-( I must set smtpmail-queue-mail to t to avoid the
"send mail idol". But as you can see, if I am online sometime after runed
gnus-unplugged and J j switch to plugged mode, and wants to send some
Drafted mail, oops, It queued in smtpmail another times.

This is, I open gnus-unplugged and J j and enter Draft group and D S some
news messages posted but some personal mail queued in smtpmail :-( After
that I have to M-x smtpmail-send-queued-mail send them :-(

How to avoid this ?

BTW, How can I format a rigon or buffer to fit 79 columns to avoid the
message like this:
The message is longer than 79 characters,really send it ? blah blah

Yours FKtPp ;)

* Re: Variables For Queued Mail & News ?
@ 2003-05-17 19:51     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-17 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"It's me FKtPp ;)" <m_pupil@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> Thank you for ur help,But there already a line like this:
>  '(mail-user-agent (quote gnus-user-agent))
> in my .emacs file.When I type C-x m it's Message not Mail start a *mail*
> buffer.And if I didn't M-x gnus-unplugged RET before, It always try to
> send my message(seem like I am online, But I am not indeed) via smtpmail.

Hm.  Message.  Hm.  If you add a Gcc header to your outgoing message,
will it be processed properly?

I'm guessing you might be using something else.

Also, please do C-h v mail-user-agent RET after starting a message
with C-x m -- does that show the right value?

And what does C-h k C-x m say?

> This makes me mad :-( I must set smtpmail-queue-mail to t to avoid the
> "send mail idol". But as you can see, if I am online sometime after runed
> gnus-unplugged and J j switch to plugged mode, and wants to send some
> Drafted mail, oops, It queued in smtpmail another times.
>
> This is, I open gnus-unplugged and J j and enter Draft group and D S some
> news messages posted but some personal mail queued in smtpmail :-( After
> that I have to M-x smtpmail-send-queued-mail send them :-(
>
> How to avoid this ?

I'm still hoping that you can get C-x m to work properly.  Then the
problem will be avoided.

But you can also switch to the *Group* buffer and hit m there, of
course.  That might be an acceptable workaround?

> BTW, How can I format a rigon or buffer to fit 79 columns to avoid the
> message like this:
> The message is longer than 79 characters,really send it ? blah blah

M-q formats a paragraph.

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill) will set things up so
that auto-fill is automatically active in text-like modes, including
message-mode.  Auto-fill means that you don't have to hit M-q most of
the time.
--
This line is not blank.

* Re: Variables For Queued Mail & News ?
@ 2003-05-19  9:12       ` It's me FKtPp ;)
From: It's me FKtPp ;) @ 2003-05-19  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

[...]

> Hm.  Message.  Hm.  If you add a Gcc header to your outgoing message,
> will it be processed properly?

Sorry, I don't know how to add Gcc header :P

> I'm guessing you might be using something else.
>
> Also, please do C-h v mail-user-agent RET after starting a message
> with C-x m -- does that show the right value?
>
> And what does C-h k C-x m say?

After C-x m followed by C-h v mail-user-agent RET,It shows me this:
mail-user-agent's value is gnus-user-agent

[...]

> I'm still hoping that you can get C-x m to work properly.  Then the
> problem will be avoided.

It seemed that C-x m works, but some library missloaded :-( I'd tryed
to load some librarys manually, but can't findout which library
missloaded.These are what I'd do:

  1. add (setq gnus-plugged nil) to my .emacs file, This does no help
:-(

  2. add (setq gnus-plugged nil) to my .emacs file, and M-x
gnus-agentize RET, after I compose a test mail and C-c C-c, It shows
me can't resolve symble `nndraft-request-accept-article'

Should I add something like (require 'foo) to bar-send-mail-hook?

> But you can also switch to the *Group* buffer and hit m there, of
> course.  That might be an acceptable workaround?

wow, this works perfect :) Thanks :)

[...]

> M-q formats a paragraph.
>
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill) will set things up so
> that auto-fill is automatically active in text-like modes, including
> message-mode.  Auto-fill means that you don't have to hit M-q most of
> the time.

Thanks again :)

* Re: Variables For Queued Mail & News ?
@ 2003-05-22  8:50         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-22  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

"It's me FKtPp ;)" <m_pupil@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>>
>> Hm.  Message.  Hm.  If you add a Gcc header to your outgoing message,
>> will it be processed properly?
>
> Sorry, I don't know how to add Gcc header :P

Go to the beginning of the buffer, and type it in.  The format looks
like this:

    Gcc: nnml:mail.misc

Without the leading spaces.  Instead of nnml:mail.misc, put an
existing group name there -- whatever you use for reading mail.

>> I'm guessing you might be using something else.
>>
>> Also, please do C-h v mail-user-agent RET after starting a message
>> with C-x m -- does that show the right value?
>>
>> And what does C-h k C-x m say?
>
> After C-x m followed by C-h v mail-user-agent RET,It shows me this:
> mail-user-agent's value is gnus-user-agent

That's good.  (Of course, it's bad that it still doesn't work.)

What does C-h k C-x m say?

>> I'm still hoping that you can get C-x m to work properly.  Then the
>> problem will be avoided.
>
> It seemed that C-x m works, but some library missloaded :-( I'd tryed
> to load some librarys manually, but can't findout which library
> missloaded.These are what I'd do:
>
>   1. add (setq gnus-plugged nil) to my .emacs file, This does no help
> :-(
>
>   2. add (setq gnus-plugged nil) to my .emacs file, and M-x
> gnus-agentize RET, after I compose a test mail and C-c C-c, It shows
> me can't resolve symble `nndraft-request-accept-article'

Why are you thinking that (setq gnus-plugged nil) might help?  I
don't see a connection.

Can't resolve symbol nndraft-request-accept-article?  Weird.

> Should I add something like (require 'foo) to bar-send-mail-hook?

I don't think so.  But I'm really confused now what's the situation.
--
This line is not blank.