all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs problem with RCS
@ 2002-10-19 22:12 Ed
From: Ed @ 2002-10-19 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I am trying to use RCS but emacs is giving me problems.

I am using emacs 21.2 on a windows system with the most recent cygwin
RCS port.

I want to use the emacs commands for dealing with RCS, but those are
giving me weird results, so first I am just trying to use RCS from the
command line and use emacs just as a text editor.

I create a file called test2.cs and a subdirectory RCS. I opened a
bash shell and did:

ci test2.cs

That asked me for the file description comments and otherwise seems to
work as I expect.

Then I do:

co -l test2.cs

This gets me a checked out and locked version of the file, with rw
permissions (according to dired).

But when I try to edit this file with emacs, it is opened as read
only, even when it seems to be read/write according to dired.

What is going on?

Any comments would be useful.

THanks!

Ed