all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* debbugs-gnu fails to connect
@ 2017-02-15  1:04 Andy Moreton
From: Andy Moreton @ 2017-02-15  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I've noticed that using debbugs-gnu or debbugs-gnu-bugs fails to connect
to the bug tracker at the moment. This is with 64bit emacs on Windows
10, built from the master branch.

It looks like the server has moved to use an https URL, but debbugs-gnu
currently tries to connect to port 80. It appears that the problem is in
the Debbugs.wsdl file from the ELPA package for debbugs-0.11:

    <wsdl:port binding="tns:Debbugs/SOAP/BINDING" name="gnu.org">
      <wsdlsoap:address location="http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/soap.cgi"/>
    </wsdl:port>

Changing this to use "https:" fixes the problem for me.

    AndyM

* Re: debbugs-gnu fails to connect
@ 2017-02-15  7:29 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2017-02-15  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Moreton; +Cc: emacs-devel

Andy Moreton <andrewjmoreton@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Andy,

> I've noticed that using debbugs-gnu or debbugs-gnu-bugs fails to connect
> to the bug tracker at the moment. This is with 64bit emacs on Windows
> 10, built from the master branch.
>
> It looks like the server has moved to use an https URL, but debbugs-gnu
> currently tries to connect to port 80. It appears that the problem is in
> the Debbugs.wsdl file from the ELPA package for debbugs-0.11:
>
>     <wsdl:port binding="tns:Debbugs/SOAP/BINDING" name="gnu.org">
>       <wsdlsoap:address location="http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/soap.cgi"/>
>     </wsdl:port>
>
> Changing this to use "https:" fixes the problem for me.

Upgrade to debbugs 0.12, available since October:

commit f43711a8e1dcfd9ebb43a00eafe4112ed6c23b23
Author: Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>
Date:   Mon Oct 31 10:15:58 2016 +0100

    Release debbugs 0.12

    * packages/debbugs/Debbugs.wsdl: Use "https" in wsdlsoap:address'es.

    * packages/debbugs/debbugs.el: Increase Version to 0.12.

>     AndyM

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: debbugs-gnu fails to connect
@ 2017-02-15 11:18   ` Andy Moreton
From: Andy Moreton @ 2017-02-15 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Wed 15 Feb 2017, Michael Albinus wrote:

> Andy Moreton <andrewjmoreton@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Andy,
>
>> I've noticed that using debbugs-gnu or debbugs-gnu-bugs fails to connect
>> to the bug tracker at the moment. This is with 64bit emacs on Windows
>> 10, built from the master branch.
>>
>> It looks like the server has moved to use an https URL, but debbugs-gnu
>> currently tries to connect to port 80. It appears that the problem is in
>> the Debbugs.wsdl file from the ELPA package for debbugs-0.11:
>>
>>     <wsdl:port binding="tns:Debbugs/SOAP/BINDING" name="gnu.org">
>>       <wsdlsoap:address location="http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/soap.cgi"/>
>>     </wsdl:port>
>>
>> Changing this to use "https:" fixes the problem for me.
>
> Upgrade to debbugs 0.12, available since October:

For some reason package.el was not offering that as an upgrade - I had to
delete it and then reinstall to get the newer version.

Thanks,

    AndyM