all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* build fails with segmentation fault, how to find the reason?
@ 2015-02-27 23:55 Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2015-02-27 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, since yesterday my build after a fresh checkout of sources,
fresh ./autogen.sh, fresh ./configgure breaks with a segmentation
fault (see below).  Since nobody else complained here or on
emacs-devel I assume this is a local problem on my debian/jessie
system.  Any ideas how to track it down?

[...]
CC       textprop.o
CC       composite.o
CC       xml.o
CC       gfilenotify.o
CC       profiler.o
CC       decompress.o
CC       xfont.o
CC       ftfont.o
CC       xftfont.o
CC       ftxfont.o
CC       fontset.o
CC       fringe.o
CC       image.o
CC       xgselect.o
CC       terminfo.o
CC       lastfile.o
CCLD     temacs
/bin/mkdir -p ../etc
: paxctl -r temacs
setfattr -n user.pax.flags -v er temacs
make -C ../lisp update-subdirs
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/grfz/src/emacs/lisp'
for file in `find . -type d -print`; do case $file in .*/cedet* | .*/leim* ) ;; *) wins="$wins${wins:+ }$file" ;; esac; done; \
for file in $wins; do \
./../build-aux/update-subdirs $file; \
done;
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/grfz/src/emacs/lisp'
./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
Makefile:830: recipe for target 'bootstrap-emacs' failed
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Segmentation fault
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/grfz/src/emacs/src'
Makefile:398: recipe for target 'src' failed
make: *** [src] Error 2

Ciao; Gregor

* Re: build fails with segmentation fault, how to find the reason?
@ 2015-02-28  0:34 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-02-28  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Gregor Zattler wrote:

> fault (see below).  Since nobody else complained here or on
> emacs-devel I assume this is a local problem on my debian/jessie
> system.

Or maybe they just know to where to report bugs? :)
Ie to the bug list, not the help or devel lists.
I guess you are on a 32-bit system:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/19959

* Re: build fails with segmentation fault, how to find the reason?
@ 2015-02-28 11:18   ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2015-02-28 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Glenn,
* Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> [27. Feb. 2015]:
> Gregor Zattler wrote:
>
>> fault (see below).  Since nobody else complained here or on
>> emacs-devel I assume this is a local problem on my debian/jessie
>> system.
>
> Or maybe they just know to where to report bugs? :)
> Ie to the bug list, not the help or devel lists.
> I guess you are on a 32-bit system:

right, yes, thanks.

> http://debbugs.gnu.org/19959

Ciao, Gregor