all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [jidanni@jidanni.org: suspend/fg excitement in *shell*]
@ 2007-08-11  5:04 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-08-11  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This is really strange.  Can someone please figure out what's
happening here, and report?

To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
From: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:46:57 +0800
Subject: suspend/fg excitement in *shell*

I notice in the *shell* buffer, suspend/fg acts funny.

sh-3.1$ su
Password:
root@jidanni1:/tmp# suspend

[1]+  Stopped(SIGSTOP)        su
sh-3.1$ fg
su
root@jidanni1:/tmp# exit <--I did not type "exit". God did for me
apparently.

I also notice that if I do the above experiment without doing
# mv .bash* /somewhere/other/than/root's/home/dir
first, apparently the .bash_history file starts getting munched, with
all kinds of wacko commands getting executed or something with
multiple kill(1)'s needed to stamp out the frenzy.

In GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2007-07-07 on raven, modified by Debian

* Re: [jidanni@jidanni.org: suspend/fg excitement in *shell*]
@ 2007-08-12  3:17 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-12  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:

> This is really strange.  Can someone please figure out what's
> happening here, and report?

Vague and unreproducible. More details requested from OP.