all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Major usability issue
@ 2002-09-02 20:01 Bruce Korb
From: Bruce Korb @ 2002-09-02 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

For years I have captured the output of a shell command and inserted
it into my document.  The latest distributions of Linux now carry a
version of emacs that makes doing that non-obvious.  I'm sure it is
doable, but it is really important to just be able to ALT-| then
type a command and be able to use a mouse click to capture the text.
I haven't read emacs lisp macros yet in order to reverse-engineer
what has been done; but I shouldn't have to either.  :-(