all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* multiple pop-boxes in emacs
@ 2004-02-16 13:30 Daan Hoogland
From: Daan Hoogland @ 2004-02-16 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

H,

I currently using mew. I want to open several mailboxes through
pop3/pop3s or imap/imaps. I don't seem to be able to do this with
mew. Can anybody tell me if this is at all possible with a emacs mail
reader?

thanks,
Daan

* Re: multiple pop-boxes in emacs
       [not found] <mailman.2466.1076934899.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-02-16 13:41 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-02-16 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Feb 16 2004, Daan Hoogland wrote:

> I currently using mew. I want to open several mailboxes through
> pop3/pop3s or imap/imaps. I don't seem to be able to do this with
> mew. Can anybody tell me if this is at all possible with a emacs mail
> reader?

Should be possible with Gnus (though I don't know what exactly you
mean with pop3s and imaps).  See the manual (info "(gnus)Mail Source
Specifiers") and (info "(gnus)IMAP") for details.

Emacs 21.3 has Gnus 5.9.  But I'd recommend to upgrade to Gnus 5.10.6,
especially when using IMAP.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,