all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Killing an article in the draft folder of gnus
@ 2006-07-15 23:49 Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2006-07-15 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

How can I delete a message which is in my nndraft:drafts folder?  The
documentary says something about reediting and sending but not how one
can get a redundant article out of it.
--
    Best wishes

    Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany

* Re: Killing an article in the draft folder of gnus
       [not found] <mailman.4149.1153081014.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-07-16 20:29 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2006-07-16 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> How can I delete a message which is in my nndraft:drafts folder?
> The documentary says something about reediting and sending but not
> how one can get a redundant article out of it.

B DEL

* Re: Killing an article in the draft folder of gnus
@ 2006-07-16 20:56 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-07-16 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----
| B <delete> runs the command gnus-summary-delete-article
|    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'.
| It is bound to B <backspace>, B <delete>, B DEL, <menu-bar>
| <Article> <Copy, move,... (Backend)> <Delete article>.
| (gnus-summary-delete-article &optional n)
|
| Delete the n next (mail) articles.
| This command actually deletes articles.  This is not a marking
| command.  The article will disappear forever from your life, never to
| return.
`----

BTW, for questions about Gnus, gnu.emacs.gnus is more appropriate.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Killing an article in the draft folder of gnus
@ 2006-07-17  0:25   ` Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2006-07-17  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
>
>> How can I delete a message which is in my nndraft:drafts folder?
>> The documentary says something about reediting and sending but not
       ^^^^^^^^^^^
8-P, meant documentation of course.

Didn't dare to look further in the gnus info documentation because for
deletion in mail folders I'm using 'E' and since this doesn't work for
the draft folder I assumed there must be something very special about
it.  Hmmm, unnecessarily blocked by prejudice.

> B DEL

Worked, thank you very much Reiner and David, the next time I'll ask
in gnu.emacs.gnus.

--
    Best wishes

    Dieter Wilhelm